Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nassau 2012: Days Four and Five

Not much time to write this morning, so I'll leave it at this: our hearts were pricked as we left the church yesterday--we who have held these hungry Haitian kids, wiped their little noses, and dried their big tears. I'm really proud of the team for how hard they worked this week, finishing a good chunk of the roofing project and giving 110% of their energy for the kids each day.

When the Mission Discovery staff asked us last night what we are "taking home" from Nassau, all I could think was that I am taking home 17 high school students-- who I hope have been changed forever because of this experience, who I hope will now take responsibility for the things they have seen.

I think we all shed some tears yesterday, and it feels a little funny to be transitioning into a beach/debrief day today...so pray for us that we'll continue to process, even as we head out this morning to unwind!

2 comments:

Haley Malin said...

It looks like you all are having an amazing amazing experience, and I miss everything in these pictures! Hope you have a fun beach day and a safe flight back. Love you all!

Kevin Kingston said...

Chels,
I, of course, already love you. But, I love you even more for what you are doing for these Hatian kids and your high school students. Thanks for the blog. I am praying for you, the team, and all of your circumstances.